TC-5062 TEM Cell Description
TC-5062C, 6 GHz TEM Cell generates the Electro-Magnetic field for testing small RF devices such as wireless communication receiver, Mobile phone, etc. An external test signal applied through the input port of the TC-5062C generates a consistent and predictable TEM test field inside the cell. The radiation field from a device transmitting in the Cell can also be detected through the port using a test receiver.
The unique compact and economical design is optimized for medium accuracy measurements beyond the standard TEM Cell frequency range.
Theory of Operation
TC-5062C 6 GHz TEM cell is made to work beyond the typical TEM Cell operating frequency range limited by cell resonance. A typical TEM Cell is a 2-port symmetrical device; RF voltage is applied to one port while the other port is terminated in 50 ohm while maintaining 50 ohm characteristic impedance along the cell. Due to expansion and contraction parts of the cell, the wave propagation beyond certain frequency is no more propagated by TEM mode alone and creates resonance. To eliminate the resonance problem, the half of the cell is replaced by the wave absorbing material. One commercial implementation is G-TEM cell. The size of the GTEM design is too large for typical small device applications due to the type of absorber used. We borrowed the concept of G -TEM, but changed the termination implementation scheme, and designed a very compact broad band TEM Cell that can be used on a desktop.
The operation principle of TC-5062C is essentially the same as TEM Cell. The E-H field inside the test volume is proportional to the input voltage and inversely proportional to the cell height. If a radiating object is inserted inside the cell, the radiated wave toward input port is guided by the transmission line and picked up at the input with a receiver such as a spectrum analyzer. With this method, the RFI from a radiating Device can be measured quantitatively. Since this apparatus is very broadband, it has many applications in the area of EMI, EMS, receiver sensitivity test, etc.
- VSWR : < 1.7, 100MHz ~ 3GHz Path Loss : 22dB Typical
- Effective Shielding without Optional F50621A DUT Rotator : > 80dB up to 2GHz, > 70dB 2GHz ~ 3GHz
- Effective Shielding with Optional F50621A DUT Rotator : > 70dB up to 2GHz, > 60dB 2GHz ~ 3GHz
- Effective Cell Height: 220 mm
- Field Strength at Test Point: 13 dBuV/m at 1 uV input
- Data Connector: DB25(p) outside, DB25(s) inside I/O Module Standard Optional DB9 or USB 2.0 is available.
- RF Connector: 1 N(f) outside for Septum and 1 Auxiliary SMA(f) outside and SMA(f) inside
- Dimension: 344(W) x 403(D) x 675(H) [mm]
Door Size: 176(W) x 130(H) [mm]
- Weight: 19 kg
- Accessories Supplied:
- 4003-0005, DB25(p) to DB25(s) Cable, 1m, 1pc.
- 4006-0002, N(m) to N(m) Cable, 2m, 1pc.
- 1901-0002, SMA 50 Ohm Termination, 1pc.
***Isolation example above is based on I/O configuration as specified above. Isolation may be higher or lower based on specific I/O configuration installed.
SPECIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE